How nice it is to come home after a working day and light a candle, look at the flame and dissolve into the warm atmosphere of the house.
Scented candles are really beautiful. They fill your home with magnificent smells, each of which has its own effect.
To create love vibes indoors, we recommend using the following scents: ylang-ylang, lavender, jasmine, verbena.
Lavender, lemon balm, geranium, tangerine, basil, or chamomile will help you relax.
After a busy working day or a stressful situation, the aroma of orange blossom, mandarin, marjoram, lavender will help to relax.
The smells of rosemary, orange, grapefruit, mint will help to get in shape and get ready. Such candles are perfect for a study or kitchen. It is better to avoid placing such a candle in the bedroom.
You can get rid of fatigue thanks to sandalwood, coconut, cinnamon, coriander.
Soy wax candles.
Let’s start with a little digression into history. For the first time, vegetable wax for candles began to be used in 1922, but it was too brittle for convenient use, soon after a series of experiments, beeswax began to be used, but it did not give the desired consistency.
And by 1996, the use of soy wax surpassed all other types of waxes!
From that moment on, the formula of soy wax is constantly being improved, allowing candles to burn longer and cleaner, unlike paraffin candles.
How is soy wax made?
To begin with, soybeans are harvested, then they are purified and extracted into oil, and the final stage is the hydrogenation process. This is how the final product is obtained – natural soy wax.
Soy wax is a natural and non–toxic product that is made from pure soy oil, which in turn is extracted from soy.
The candle melts easily, forming a layer of molten liquid wax around the wick, which is usually called a pool by candle makers. And you know what?
The more hot liquid wax, the more the aroma of essential oils evaporates from its surface. In addition, soy wax provides a clean gorenje, without soot and release of carcinogens!
Soy wax is the choice of environmentally conscious people.
What are the advantages of soy wax anyway?
it is made from natural vegetable oils;
it is environmentally friendly, safe for humans;
due to the low melting point, it burns slower and longer;
does not contain refined petroleum products, including paraffin;
soy candles give off aromas even when cold!
Manufacture of soy candles.
First you need to purchase the main material, we recommend natural soy wax.
Then you need to follow these simple steps:
- First, fix the wick with a wick holder, placing it inside the candle container and fixing it in the center of the bottom.
- Fix the top of the wick using one retainer for each wick. If you use 2 or more wicks, then place them in such a way that the distance from the walls of the container and between the wicks is the same.
- Melt the wax flakes in a water bath. Pour water into the lower vessel, pour the flakes into the upper one. Put a water bath on medium heat and let the flakes melt, stirring them periodically until all the lumps melt. At the same time, do not heat the wax above 80℃, use a household thermometer for monitoring.
- Add color and flavor. When the wax is completely melted, add the dye and flavor, mix well (about 2 minutes), if desired, this item can be skipped.
- Pour the wax into a container with a wick.
- Wait until the candles are frozen. Do not move the candle to avoid the formation of irregularities on the surface. The wax will start to harden almost immediately after you pour it. You will see how the color turns from transparent to matte. Leave the candles to cool for about 6 hours. Next, put the candle in a convenient place and let it brew for at least 24 hours at room temperature.
We recommend starting using the candle 48 hours after pouring.
- Trim the wicks before first use.
Your candle is ready for use.
Tip: to prevent the wick from shifting, you can use an adhesive gun or a self-adhesive sticker!
Why is soy wax still better than paraffin wax?
Firstly, soy wax is a 100% natural product that is absolutely harmless to health, while paraffin is a product of oil refining and contains a sufficient amount of harmful compounds.
Secondly, soy wax itself is practically odorless, it gives place to the aromatic composition in the composition of the candle. As soon as you have lit the candle and the wax has melted, the fragrance already begins to spread in the room, unlike paraffin, which smells of soot when burning.gorenje.
Thirdly, soy wax burns 50% longer than paraffin wax, which makes them more economical.
Soy wax is a renewable resource made from soybean oil, does not pollute our planet, is easily biodegradable, like all vegetable oils. And this is another significant argument to use it.
Candlemaking is an interesting and exciting process. Do you have a desire to plunge into a new direction or make an unusual, creative gift? Create unique candles with your own hands